My Satisfaction Guarantee (at the bottom of this page) applies to all services, including all telephone consultations, on site SEO training, and monthly SEO consulting programs.
The details below are pretty specific, but feel free to phone if any are not clear. If you’d like a specific project quote, please fill out this form so I can get a better idea of your needs before we speak.
Initial Engagement – Short Term Hourly Rate:
Your company may need hourly consulting for strategic planning of projects, competitive research, backlink audits, or in other individual situations. For “in person” meetings or consultations conducted by telephone and screensharing, these are my rates.
- An initial phone call is free, so take advantage of it, since I often give away the farm.
- Scheduled help calls are $400 per hour, and have been 2008. Schedule a paid appointment here
- 100% money back guarantee, on both the free and paid call
One Time SEO Audit – $800
After a free intro phone call, I offer a one time initial analysis. We analyze both internal and external factors about your site, and verify industry standard best practices on sites up to 10,000 pages. Larger sites cost more. The audit includes two phone calls, a .pdf report, and a excel spread sheet, along with a 10-20 minute report video.
Our first call is for my own fact & history gathering, and the second call is a followup after my delivery of a (appx) 20 minute screencast video. The video is accompanied fully detailed report prioritized recommendations for your further review and action.
In these initial audit cases, I do prefer to be granted Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools access, but they’re not necessary for the audit.
When an initial audit leads to a client engagement, the entire $800 is applicable to the first month’s payment, if the engagement begins within 30 days.
Fees for SEO Consulting & Service:
- $3,750 minimum* over 90 days for a single location brick & mortar business.
- $7,500 minimum over 90 days for web based or multi-location local business.
- After 90 Days, you move to a monthly price (see scale below).
- Money back guarantee for each ongoing 30 day period
Monthly pricing scale:
These rates are based on your Google Analytics page views.
- Less than 5,000 monthly page views? – $375 to $775** per location
- 5,000 to 50,000 page views – $1,000 monthly
- 50,000 to 500,000 page views – $1,500 monthly
- 500,000 to 2 million page views – $2,000 monthly
- 2 million to 5 million page views – $3,000 monthly
- 5 million to 10 million page views – $5,000 monthly
- 10 million monthly page views & up – $10,000 monthly
On Site training and consulting:
- Air travel & lodging expenses paid 100%
- $1500 fee for one 12 hour day
- $750 per additional 12 hour day
- Meals and travel time are not charged
- Speaking fees for industry specific events are often waived
Due to time constraints, I am continuing to completely separate PPC Management fees from the other services I offer.
I do support and attend lots of local internet marketing and community events, and speak at lunches and meetings for local industry, businesses, chambers and trade groups at no charge.
I am happy to come talk to your group, and for public speaking engagements there’s usually no charge for local events. For out of town industry conferences, I’m always honored to be asked, and of course I’ll be glad to consider it. Please inquire here
What Do You Get?
Your needs are unique. You may be a new business owner who doesn’t even have a Google account, or you may be a seasoned web marketer with “unnatural link” warning emails in Webmaster Tools, etc. Our initial phone calls will determine your needs.
By the end of the first 30 days, you will have most of this:
- Full site analysis to identify and remove 100% of your site’s technical SEO debt.
- An established conversion process and Google Analytics goals.
- Claiming of your Google, Yahoo and Bing listings for your local business
- Monthly increase of citations are ongoing (appx. 10 monthly)
- A client dashboard login with access to everything in one place
Over our initial “discovery period” we’ll do a thorough analysis of stats, and we’ll get to know you and your business better to develop our keyword research, that will identify areas of opportunity.
In a brick and mortar local business, the initial starting point is $1,275 monthly for three months. At the end of that 90 days, there is an optional ongoing monthly fee based on a needs analysis that we develop together. For a brand new business with nothing actually “wrong”, or in need of “fixing”, there is often no ongoing services required.
Available to All Clients through our dashboards:
We use and recommend Raventools, Bright Local, SEMrush, Spyfu, Majestic SEO, Moz, and our own SEO Automatic API’s. Some of these tools are used to pull data from YOUR own Google Webmaster Tools, Adwords and Analytics accounts, so you own the data.
- Search Engine Ranking Reporting on up to 100 phrases
- Detailed backlink analysis
- Competition analysis of your top 10 competitors
- Backlink analysis of your top 10 competitors
- Actionable recommendations
- PPC account history analysis & review (but not ongoing management)
If you do not have your own access to these Google services, they will be set up for you:
- Google Analytics – to monitor traffic
- Google Webmaster Tools – to maintain performance
- Google Places, Plus, Local, etc. – to claim your local business (es)
After the initial setup, this is the ongoing process -
- I work to meet your goals and needs however you dictate.
- Every industry and client is different.
- All of my clients have my cell phone number, and needs vary wildly.
- If you involve me and communicate with me, I can provide my experience based feedback on almost any aspect of the internet whatsoever.
- I, (Scott Hendison) will be your only “account manager” and all consulting clients have my personal cell number. I will communicate directly with you or your staff members to answer any and all questions that can’t wait for email.
- Your participation and ongoing communication is the key to your ongoing satisfaction.
- You schedule our phone calls
- We examine your website statistics and Google Webmaster Tools account to keep the site error free and growing.
- Search ranking reports are emailed weekly, and accessible directly though your client control panel.
- Weekly scheduled phone calls during startup and launch phases are fantastic, and should really continue. Picking up the phone and calling me as you’re thinking of it on the drive home too though is fine. I’m your consultant so I’m on your staff.
- If you’re not happy, I’m not happy – Please participate in the process. Many people hire an SEO company and expect to have rankings rise magically, with almost no communication.
- We look at your website, stats, and history, and determine how to make it perform better, and how to get more conversions from the visitors we do have.
- We report the activity on your account, reviewing your progress, we analyze visitor stats, conversion rates, backlinking activity, and review visitor behavior and competitor analysis.
- I personally prepare a screencast video, giving you and your team executive level feedback on the reports, providing additional details where needed. This prevents you from becoming buried in data and meaningless reports, and we can then cut straight to the good stuff by phone.
- Monthly scheduled telephone calls are optional but strongly recommended.
- All too often the EXACT same advice and problems come up month after month, due to IT departments, web designers, marketing teams, and executives being slow. When this happens, I’ll be the bad guy, following up with your staff to endure that necessary work is done.
Content Development and Linkbuilding – Post-Penguin Tactics
- In the past, our linkbuilding and content tactics have been quite diversified and have included a vast array of resources. Over the years, we’ve used everything from simple directories, to blogs, forums, Web 2.0 properties, private blog networks, third party services, article directories, and lots more. Those days are pretty much gone now.
- Google changed dramatically on April 24, 2012 and although we no longer participate in anchor text link manipulation, we didn’t actually stop until late 2011.
- I’ve never had a client banned and as of summer 2014, only three clients that I know of have ever received “Unnatural Link Warning” in Google Webmaster Tools from work we did.
- You cannot solve your content development and monthly linkbuilding problem artificially any more. Specific strategies cannot be shared until after we speak by phone, but your company has to be a passionate driver of good content.
- I strongly recommend these legitimate alternatives to buying links because they work.
What is NOT included for the monthly fee?
- Graphic art
- Copywriting and content creation
- PPC Management (unless specified)
Most businesses prefer to use their own programmers, web designers, and in-house staff, but in many cases, they may not have staff available. When that’s the situation, we can take the reigns to get this work done.
If the rates shown here do not fit your needs, then you might consider an alternative, where you pay nothing until you rank for a given phrase. Search Commander, Inc. does *not* provide that option, but have seen results from our affiliate, Rankpay.
If at any time you don’t feel like the advice, knowledge, and results that obtained from our engagement is well worth the money you’re spending, then we simply stop with no hard feelings, and I will refund you 100% of the previous month’s consulting fees upon request.
If you ever feel that I’ve taken too long for a task, or something is not completed to your satisfaction, just say so, and a portion, or all of your previous monthly fee will be returned.
I value your business, but I also value my reputation and your future referrals.
I have not yet been asked to ever refund a single dollar, (although I HAVE offered it myself on occasion!
*Under certain circumstances, we offer a flat $375 monthly option with no “getting started” fee. This effectively draws out the usual first 90 days of work over a period of a full year.
Businesses suited for this type of engagement are typically brand new, have a new domain name, and have zero information about their company on the web.
In these cases, our services are more limited, and improved visibility will not come as quickly; but it will come steadily.
**Lets face it, for some industries the competition is pretty fierce, especially in local search. You want to rank for “Beverly Hills plastic surgeon”? That’s not going to happen. The fact is, your industry may be far more competitive, and it may not even be realistic. If that’s the case, I’ll be very honest with you over the phone. We can’t work miracles… unfortunately, those days are gone.