This Microsoft Excel Add-in will make all of the links in a spreadsheet “live”. Up to 10,000 rows on Office 2007, and unlimited (as far as I know) for Office 2010, Office 2013, and Office 365.
Isn’t it a shame that Microsoft Excel software is “too stupid” to do this automatically?
Here are the directions…
Here’s how easy it is to use…
- Highlight the column of links, or highlight just the links
- Skip columns with headers or non-linking cells
- Go to the Data Tab and press the button on the right
Without Using the Add-in?
If you prefer to download a sample sheet with the embedded macro you can see it here, and you’ll need to follow these steps:
1. Download the spreadsheet, and note the “security” warning that will appear (in Excel 2007) above column A, which simply tells you that there’s a macro in need of enabling.
2. Hit “Options” to enable the macro by choosing “Enable This Content” and checking the radio button that says “Enable macros in this document”.
3. Import or paste your links into an empty version of the spreadsheet. Currently, in the file you download, column A is labeled for URL’s, but thats not a requirement, so feel free to change it.
4. Then all you have to do is click on the top link in the column that you wish to “activate”, and press the button to make all of your links instantly live.