My Satisfaction Guarantee (at the bottom of this page) applies to all services, including all telephone consultations, on site SEO training, and monthly SEO consulting programs.
The details below are pretty specific, but feel free to phone if any are not clear. If you’d like a specific project quote, please fill out this form so I can get a better idea of your needs before we speak.
On Site training and consulting:
- Air travel & lodging expenses paid 100%
- $1500 fee for one 12 hour day
- $750 per additional 12 hour day
- Meals and travel time are not charged
- Speaking fees for industry specific events are often waived
One Time SEO Audit – $800
I offer a one time initial analysis, reviewing internal and external issues for current industry standard best practices. The audit includes two phone calls and a report with video.
Our first call is for my own fact & history gathering, and the second call is a followup after my delivery of a (appx) 20 minute screencast video. The video is accompanied fully detailed report prioritized recommendations for your further review and action.
In these initial audit cases, I do prefer to be granted Google Analytics and Webmaster Tools access, but they’re not necessary for the audit.
When an initial audit leads to a client engagement, the entire $800 is applicable to the first month’s payment, if the engagement begins within 30 days. You can order an SEO Audit here.
Monthly Fees for SEO Consulting / Services:
- $3,750 min* over 90 days for a single location brick & mortar business.
- $7,500 min*. over 90 days for web based businesses, or multi-location local.
- After 90 Days, you move to a monthly price (see scale below).
- Money back guarantee for each ongoing 30 day period
Monthly pricing scale:
These rates are based on your Google Analytics page views.
- Less than 5k page views? Small local business? – $375 to $775 per location*
- 5,000 to 50,000 page views – $1,000 monthly
- 50,000 to 500,000 page views - $1,500 monthly
- 500,000 to 2 million page views – $2,000 monthly
- 2 million to 5 million page views – $3,000 monthly
- 5 million to 10 million page views – $5,000 monthly
- 10 million monthly page views & up - $10,000 monthly
Short Term Hourly Rates:
Your company may need hourly consulting for strategic planning of projects, competitive research, backlink audits, or in other individual situations. For “in person” meetings or consultations conducted by telephone and screensharing, these are my rates.
- $400 per hour is the current fee for new engagements
- A one hour min can be paid in advance
- 100% money back guarantee
Due to time constraints, I am continuing to completely separate PPC Management fees from the other services I offer.
I do support and attend lots of local internet marketing and community events, and speak at lunches and meetings for local industry, businesses, chambers and trade groups at no charge.
I am happy to come talk to your group, and for public speaking engagements there’s usually no charge for local events. For out of town industry conferences, I’m always honored to be asked, and of course I’ll be glad to consider it. Please inquire here
What Do You Get?
Your needs are unique. You may be a new business owner who doesn’t even have a Google account, or you may be a seasoned web marketer with “unnatural link” warning emails in Webmaster Tools, etc. Our initial phone calls will determine your needs.
By the end of the first 30 days, you will have most of this:
- Full site analysis to identify and remove 100% of your site’s technical SEO debt.
- An established conversion process and Google Analytics goals.
- Claiming of your Google, Yahoo and Bing listings for your local business
- Monthly increase of citations are ongoing (appx. 10 monthly)
- A client dashboard login with access to everything in one place
Over our initial “discovery period” we’ll do a thorough analysis of stats, and we’ll get to know you and your business better to develop keyword research, which will identify areas of opportunity.
If you are a brick and mortar business, this video outlined the steps we take on your behalf over the first 90 days that we are together. The video was made in March of 2014, so things may have changed slightly.
Available through our dashboards:
- Weekly Search Engine Ranking Report on up to 100 phrases
- Detailed backlink analysis in our dashboard (Majestic SEO & Open Site Explorer)
- Competition analysis of your top 10 competitors
- Backlink analysis of your top 10 competitors
- Actionable recommendations
- PPC account history analysis & review (but not ongoing management)
If you do not have your own access to these Google services, they will be set up for you:
- Google Analytics – to monitor traffic
- Google Webmaster Tools – to maintain performance
- Google Places, Plus, Local, etc. – to claim your local business (es)
After the initial setup, this is the ongoing process -
Daily as needed:
- I work to meet your goals and needs however your needs dictate. Every industry and client is different. All of my clients have my cell phone number, and your needs vary wildly. Do I need to be on a conference call with your marketing manager and the head of IT? Do you need help accessing your site stats on your iPhone? How can I help?
- If you involve me and communicate with me, I can provide my experience based feedback on almost any aspect of the internet whatsoever.
- I, (Scott Hendison) will be your only “account manager” and all consulting clients have my personal cell number. I will communicate directly with you or your staff members to answer any and all questions that can’t wait for email.
- Your participation and ongoing communication is the key to your ongoing satisfaction.
- We examine your website statistics and Google Webmaster Tools account to keep the site error free and growing.
- Search ranking reports are emailed weekly, and accessible directly though your client control panel.
- Weekly scheduled phone calls during startup and launch phases are fantastic, and should really continue. Picking up the phone and calling me as you’re thinking of it on the drive home too though is fine. I’m your consultant so I’m on your staff.
- If you’re not happy, I’m not happy – Please participate in the process. Many people hire an SEO company and expect to have rankings rise magically, with almost no communication.
- We look at your website, stats, and history, and determine how to make it perform better, and how to get more conversions from the visitors we do have.
- We review your progress, analyze visitor stats, your conversion rates, your backlinking activity and review visitor behavior on your site.
- We put all this into a monthly spreadsheet, and then I personally prepare your staff a Camtasia screencast video, giving you and your team executive level feedback on the reports, providing additional details where needed. This prevents you from becoming buried in data and meaningless reports, and we can then cut straight to the good stuff by phone.
- Monthly scheduled telephone calls are optional but strongly recommended.
- All too often the EXACT same advice and problems come up month after month, due to IT departments, web designers, marketing teams, and executives being slow. When this happens, I’ll be the bad guy, following up with your staff to endure that necessary work is done.
Content Development and Linkbuilding - Post-Penguin Tactics
- In the past, our linkbuilding and content tactics have been quite diversified and have included a vast array of resources. Over the years, we’ve used everything from simple directories, to blogs, forums, Web 2.0 properties, private blog networks, third party services, article directories, and lots more. Those days are pretty much gone now.
- Google changed dramatically on April 24, 2012 and although we no longer participate in anchor text link manipulation, we didn’t actually stop until late 2011.
- I’ve never had a client banned and as of December 2013, only two clients that I know of have ever received “Unnatural Link Warning” in Google Webmaster Tools from work we did.
- You cannot solve your content development and monthly linkbuilding problem artificially any more. Specific strategies cannot be shared until after we speak by phone, but your company has to be a passionate driver of good content.
- I strongly recommend these legitimate alternatives to buying links because they work.
What is NOT included for the monthly fee?
- Graphic art
- Copywriting and content creation
- PPC Management (unless specified)
Most businesses prefer to use their own programmers, web designers, and in-house staff, but in many cases, they may not have staff available. When that’s the situation, we can take the reigns to get this work done.
If at any time you don’t feel like the advice, knowledge, and results that obtained from our engagement is well worth the money you’re spending, then we simply stop with no hard feelings, and I will refund you 100% of the previous month’s consulting fees upon request.
If you ever feel that I’ve taken too long for a task, or something is not completed to your satisfaction, just say so, and a portion, or all of your previous monthly fee will be returned.
I value your business, but I also value my reputation and your future referrals.
I have not yet been asked to ever refund a single dollar, (although I HAVE offered it myself on occasion!
As of April 2014, I am not accepting new monthly clients, but please phone for some free advice and a referral. I just don’t have the bandwidth.
* Lets face it, for some industries the competition is pretty fierce, especially in local search.
You want to rank for “Beverly Hills plastic surgeon”? That’s not going to happen. The fact is, your industry may be far more competitive, and it may not be realistic. If that’s the case, I’ll be very honest our first time on the phone. We can’t work miracles… unfortunately, those days are gone.